1890's Downtown Center
The quality of this photo is torn and was spliced to place on web.
Notice no cars. The picture is taken from the top of a building on Nacogdoches looking down Shelbyville St. Cora street is at the end of the first two story building. Where the Payne building is today, was just a pasture. There is a wooden fence around the Courthouse and Jail and has horses tied to the fence.