Shelby County Texas
The Neuville School was open in 1893 and consolidated with Center in 1950. In 1917 the school was located in a white frame building with Hubie John, Cecil Wheeler and Lyra Watkins as teachers. The wooden school building burned in 1938. Until a new school could be built, the students attended class in rooms provided at the First Baptist Church. The WPA workers were brought in and constructed a building with a front made of the rock obtain from the area (see photo below). The1939 -1940 school year began in the newly constructed building and continued until 1950 when the school was consolidated with Center Public Schools.
Front Row: Donald Bailey, Willard Franks, Drew Fullin,
Buster Barber, Edward Epps, Frank Conway, Fate Bailey,
Spergon Conway, Truitt Fullin, Tommie Conway, Hugh Bailey and Latine Worsham.
Second Row: Rankin Bailey, Bill Bailey, Wesley Bailey, Paul Stephins, Dick Dickerson, Lane Powers, Elis Franks, Calhoun Perkins, George L. Dickerson and Fred Page.
Third Row: Mable Stephens, Ruth Bailey, Irene Mathews, Rubbie Eaves, Sally Eaves, Frances Epps, Liza Page,
Annie Mae Stanley, Grace Mathews, Willie Harvell, Christens Eaves, Lois Gilchrist, Beatrice Buckner,
Corine Page, Vivian Conway, Fleta Potts, Ella Jasper, Void Franks, Selma Mask, Jackie Estes and
Mary Bel Worsham.
Fourth Row: Corine Gilchrist, Bonnie Bailey Sudie Stanley, Lillie Powers, Hubbie Johnson-Teacher,
Lyra Watkins-Teacher, Cecil Wheeler-Teacher, Mollie Wright, Velma Eaves, Grace Sanford, Jelie Bell Mask, Bulia Sanford, Lillie Bell Bailey, Eva Barber, Alma Harvell, Margie Bailey, Bessie Mae Wright, Agnis Bailey, Flora Worsham, Irene Fitts, Trudie Mask,Edna Conway, Francis Mathews, Jimmy Stephens, Price Neuville and John Paul Dickerson.